I really wanted to share some of my ideas on demonstrating self love and what they mean to me. I hope this helps someone, and of course if anyone would like to add to the list or share some ideas I would love to hear them.
1. Choosing ourselves, even if it means making others upset and not being popular anymore. On a personal note, I have always been a people pleaser, so I at first struggled with this. Learning to say “No” was so hard for me.
2. Always be true to yourself, don’t always go with the flow. Never let someone else define you sometimes it’s ok to be that black sheep.
3. Giving our body the nurturing, rest, exercise, and comfort it needs to the best of ourselves. Sorry, sometimes I just turn my cell phone off. I have really been trying to set a sleep/rest schedule for myself, eat more veggies, and get outside a couple of times a week.
4. Wearing clothes that make us feel happy and fit our personality instead of wearing clothes that are in fashion that we use to impress others. I have actually found some really awesome finds at the thrift store, and yay I get to save a ton of money!
5. Building a life that we love while we are single instead of waiting for our prince/princess to show up. Ok, Ok, so the first couple of months may be hard, however, it is so much fun being single and getting to do what I want to do for a change ~ don’t worry you are going to come to love it too. It has truly helped me find out who I want to be. Don’t just settle, accept only the love that you deserve.
6. Accepting ourselves with the good, the bad, the ugly. No one is perfect, it’s all about loving our imperfections too.
7. Making time to do whatever we love, enjoy, or just want to try out. I have come to love gardening and bubble baths, which was something I never seemed to have time to do before.
8. Loving what you see when you look in the mirror. I have actually learned how to wear makeup and curl my hair, not that I do it everyday lol. It has helped me have a lot more self confidence and self esteem.
9. Accepting that we can not change the past, though, we can learn from it. We can only change ourselves and no one else.
10. Spending some quality alone. Get outside, go for a walk or drive, look into joining a small group of people with like interest.
11. Using your own discretion when sharing our heart, self, and dreams with others. Unfortunately, not everyone is your friend ~ best advice here is just to take things slow and make sure people are meeting you halfway be it a friendship or relationship.